Get the New York CityPASS, the best deal in the Big Apple. Your New York CityPASS saves you time and money as you skip long ticket queues for entry to six of New York's premier attractions.
Top 10 things to do in New York
Traveling to New York and planning to visit all the top places to see in a few days’ time? That is a very difficult – if not impossible – task, as this city has an endless list of must-see attractions… However, if you have limited time, there are a few things to do in New York that beat all the rest. If you ask us, these are the top 10 things to do in New York when you’re a first time visitor. When traveling to the Big Apple, you simply cannot miss out on these 10 top things to do in New York (in no particular order):
10. A leisurely stroll or bicycle tour in Central Park, the city’s green lung in the middle of Manhattan Island. Central Park is famous from numerous movies and tv shows, and is packed with great attractions for adults and children alike, such as the Zoo, the Belvedere Castle, the carousel, the outdoor theatre that has free plays in summer, and of course beautiful green landscapes, fountains, gardens, and bridges. Southeast of the park you will find Broadway, and on both east and west side some of the most popular museums in the city.
9. Explore Greenwich Village. This Lower Manhattan neighborhood, famous from the Sex and The City tv show, is packed with great bars, pubs, clubs, galleries, shops and restaurants – whether you decide to visit by day or by night, you will not be bored here!
8. Get a bird’s eye view of the Big Apple from one of the city’s highest skyscrapers. Even though the Empire State Building is one of New York’s most famous landmarks, if you have limited time you might want to consider visiting the Top of the Rock instead, as the queues are usually shorter and quicker. Plus, from the Rock – Rockefeller Center – you can actually see the Empire State Building!
What are the 10 top things to do in New York?
6. Admire the architectural highlights that make up the amazing Manhattan skyline, such as the GE Building, Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building and many more. The best way to do that is of course… from the Brooklyn Bridge, that connects Manhattan with Brooklyn.
5. Don’t forget to pay a visit to the impressive National September 11 Memorial & Museum and learn more about this devastating event, that left New York and the world in shock for a long time after it happened.
4. Fancy some shopping? Fifth Avenue has everything you could ever dream of: department stores and fabulous designers offering you the most exclusive bags, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and much more. A famous section of Fifth Avenue is Museum Mile with at least 10 different museums, and this long street is home to many iconic New York buildings – such as the Flatiron building, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, St Patrick’s Cathedral and the New York Public Library, to name a few.
3. Explore Brooklyn. When people think of traveling to New York, they usually think of Manhattan. Leave Manhattan, take the Brooklyn Bridge and spend some time in this up and coming part of the city and let yourself by surprised by the charm of Brooklyn!
2. Visit some of the renowned museums of New York – the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the American Museum of Natural History, the Guggenheim… they are all worth a few hours of your time.
1. Take the ferry to Liberty Island and admire New York’s number one attraction – the Statue of Liberty. No visit to the Big Apple is complete without seeing the famous Lady Liberty, staring out over the big ocean, from up close.
Want to know more about everything this great city has to offer you? Check our many video guides on the top NY attractions and most popular activities such as shopping, nightlife, sightseeing and more.
Grab your friends or that special someone and get ready for 3-hours of real New York fun! This New York dinner cruise includes a delicious buffet, an amazing DJ and breathtaking views of the New York skyline. Don't wait - add this dinner cruise to your New York itinerary today!
On this luxury New York City dinner cruise, savor gourmet cuisine and enjoy live jazz entertainment while soaking up breathtaking views of the Manhattan, New Jersey and Brooklyn skylines. Pass in front of the Empire State Building, Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, South Street Seaport and more from the viewing decks or the all-glass enclosed cabin, treating you to amazing views every second of the way. Upgrade to enjoy a romantic or first class VIP experience including a private table and French sparkling wine!
Experience New York City like an insider on this action-packed VIP tour that includes early access to the Empire State Building, skip-the-line entry to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, an open-top bus tour, and a hop-on-hop-off cruise. You can upgrade to also include afternoon admission to the 9/11 Museum. Seem like a lot to do in one day? Opt to take your cruise the following day. It's a great way to see NYC’s newest sites and its most iconic attractions, and a Viator exclusive package that can't be booked anywhere else!
See New York's famous landmarks from the air on an exhilarating 15-minute helicopter tour. You'll come face-to-face with the Statue of Liberty as you fly above the Hudson River. Admire the iconic Empire State Building, the silver Art Deco brilliance of the Chrysler Building, and the sprawling green expanse of Central Park. A must for any visitor to New York City!